Levels of Coverage
SafeTreker has Four Levels of Coverage offering varying levels of benefit and sports coverage depending on your budget and travel needs.
Please Note If you’re taking a Couple or Family policy, these coverage levels are per person:
Note: this is only a summary of coverage. To view the full policy wording, click HERE.
If you want to know about the sports we cover, simply check the Sports & Activites List.
SafeTreker Schedule of Benefits
Coverages are shown in U.S. Dollar amounts and are per person and per Period of Coverage unless stated otherwise.
|Benefit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit||Per Person Limit|
|Trip Delay (12 hours)||$500 Maximum ($100/day)||$750 Maximum ($150/day)||$1,000 Maximum ($200/day)||$1,000 Maximum ($200/day)|
|Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense||$25,000||$50,000||$100,000||$100,000|
|Medical Evacuation / Repatriation||$250,000||$500,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|Medical Evacuation / Repatriation - Hospital of Choice||No Cover||No Cover||Included||Included|
|Return of Mortal Remains||$10,000||$25,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Transportation of Minor Children||$10,000||$25,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Search & Rescue||No Cover||$5,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation||No Cover||$50,000||$100,000||$100,000|
|Baggage/Personal Effects||$1,000 Max; $100 per Article; $250 for Valuables||$2,000 Max; $250 per Article; $500 for Valuables||$3,000 Max; $300 per Article; $500 for Valuables||$3,000 Max; $300 per Article; $500 for Valuables|
|Sports Equipment Rental||No Cover||$3,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|24-Hour AD&D||$5,000 of Principal Sum||$10,000 of Principal Sum||$25,000 of Principal Sum||$25,000 of Principal Sum|
|Sports Exclusion||Hazardous sports excluded||Hazardous sports are covered; Extreme Sports are excluded||All sports exclusions removed||All sports exclusions removed|
|Emergency Travel Assistance Services||Included||Included||Included||Included|
Exclusions - Please review your plan document for a full list of exclusions.
Description of Benefits
Medical Expenses: Only such expenses, incurred as the result of and within the Period of Coverage from a Disablement, which are specifically enumerated in the following list of charges, and which are not excluded in EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS, shall be considered as Covered Expenses:
- Expenses made by a Hospital for room and board, floor nursing and other services inclusive of charges for professional service and except for personal services of non-medical nature; provided, however, that expenses do not exceed the Hospital’s average fee for a semi-private room and board accommodations; charges made for an operating room.
- Charges made for Intensive Care or coronary care charges and nursing services.
- Charges made for diagnosis, treatment and Surgery by a Physician; charges made for the cost and administration of anesthetics.
- Charges made for Outpatient Treatment, same as any other treatment covered on an Inpatient basis. This includes ambulatory Surgical centers, Physicians’ Outpatient visits/examinations, clinic care, and Surgical opinion consultations.
- Charges for medication, x-ray services, laboratory tests and services, the use of radium and radioactive isotopes, oxygen, blood transfusions, iron lungs, and medical treatment; dressings, drugs, and medicines that can only be obtained upon a written prescription of a Physician or Surgeon.
- Charges for physiotherapy, if recommended by a Physician for the treatment of a specific Disablement and administered by a licensed physiotherapist.
- Ground ambulance (within the metropolitan area, up to the maximum stated in the SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS) to and from the nearest Hospital with facilities for the required treatment. If the Insured Person is in a rural area and unreachable by ground ambulance, then licensed air ambulance transportation to the nearest metropolitan area shall be considered a Covered Expense.
- Hotel room charge, when the Insured Person, otherwise necessarily confined in a Hospital, shall be under the care of a duly qualified Physician in a hotel room owing to unavailability of a Hospital room because of capacity or distance or to any other circumstances beyond the control of the Insured Person.
- Charges made for artificial limbs, eyes, larynx, and orthotic appliances, but not for replacement of such items.
- Charges for Home Health Care up to a $2,500 Maximum per Policy Period.
- Charges for care in a licensed Extended Care Facility as defined herein, upon direct transfer from an acute care Hospital.