Types of Coverage
SafeTreker has Four Types of Coverage offering varying levels of benefit and sports coverage depending on your budget and travel needs.
Please Note If you’re taking a Couple or Family policy, these coverage types are per person:
Note: this is only a summary of coverage. To view the full policy wording, click HERE.
If you want to know about the sports we cover, simply check the Sports & Activites List.
Exclusions - Please review your plan document for a full list of exclusions.
Description of Benefits
The following exclusions apply to: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Lost Golf Rounds, Lost Diving Days, Lost Recreation Days, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense.
Loss caused by or resulting from:
- Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined in the Definitions section;
- suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane;
- war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities between nations (whether declared or not), civil war. This exclusion does not apply if You are an innocent bystander to these events;
- participation in any military maneuver or training exercise, or any Loss starting while You are in the service of the armed forces of any country. Orders to active military service for training purposes of two months or less will not constitute service in the armed forces. Upon notice to the Company of entering the armed forces, the Company will return to You pro-rata any premium paid, less any benefits paid, for any period during which You are in such service;
- piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
- mental or emotional disorders, unless Hospitalized;
- participation as an athlete in professional sports;
- being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed and used in accordance with the instructions provided by a Physician;
- intentional commission of or the attempt to commit any dishonest or fraudulent act, or criminal activity (as defined in the jurisdiction where the loss occurred);
- participation in Mountaineering or Extreme Sports;
- dental treatment except as a result of an injury to Sound Natural Teeth except as explicitly offered under Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense;
- any non-emergency treatment or surgery, routine physical examinations, hearing aids, eye glasses or contact lenses;
- pregnancy and childbirth (except for Complications of Pregnancy) except if Hospitalized;
- traveling for the purpose of securing medical treatment;
- services not shown as covered;
- directly or indirectly, the actual, alleged or threatened discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, escape, release or exposure to any hazardous biological, chemical, nuclear radioactive material, gas, matter or contamination;
- confinement or treatment in a government Hospital; however, the United States government may recover or collect benefits under certain conditions;
- services and/or supplies that do not meet the definition of Necessary Treatment;
- care or treatment for which compensation is payable under Worker’s Compensation Law, any Occupational Disease law; the 4800 Time Benefit plan or similar legislation;
- care or treatment that is payable under any Other Insurance policy;
- Accidental Injury or Sickness when traveling against the advice of a Physician;
- cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery;
- a Loss that results from an illness, disease, or other condition, event or circumstance that occurs at a time when Your coverage is not in effect.